Rinnai Australia (Rinnai) manufactures and distributes a broad range of quality home comfort products and services. Our brands include Rinnai, Brivis, APAC and Polo (Rinnai Products). If you have any concerns or complaints regarding any Rinnai Products or services, please contact us and we will work to resolve it as quickly as possible.
We are committed to ensuring your complaint is handled professionally, fairly, efficiently and transparently and in compliance with our obligations under Australian Consumer Law.
As some of Rinnai Products are a component of a larger fixed-installation system or systems, our Product Warranty is limited to the actual Rinnai Products only. Our obligation is to ensure that Rinnai Products are free from manufacturing defects and that they perform in accordance with their specifications.
All other aspects of the larger system, including its design, application, suitability, other equipment, components, accessories, gas, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration and installation works, are the sole responsibility of their respective manufacturers, or the primary contractor from whom the system was purchased and or installed.
In most instances, the installation of Rinnai Products must be carried out by licensed professionals. Failure to do so may revoke all product warranty.
In addition to general repairs and maintenance services, Rinnai offers aftersales warranty support for Rinnai Products. If upon investigation and assessment of a product warranty claim our service personnel determine the Rinnai Product is working to specification, but not installed correctly, we will refer you to the primary contractor from whom the system was purchased or installed, to address the issues they are responsible for.
How a Complaint Can be Made
If you are dissatisfied with a Rinnai Product or service provided by us, you should in the first instance consider speaking directly with the Rinnai Customer Service member/s you have been dealing with. If you are not comfortable with this or consider the staff member is unable to address your concerns, you can lodge a complaint in one of the following ways:
By emailing us – [email protected]
By writing to us – Customer Resolutions, Rinnai Australia Pty Ltd, P.O. Box 460 Braeside VIC 3195
If we receive your complaint verbally and we consider it appropriate, we may ask you to put your complaint in writing.
Information You Will Need to Provide Us
- Your name and contact details
- The name of the Rinnai staff member you have been dealing and relevant conversations you may have had
- Details on the product or services, and the nature of the complaint
- The outcome you are seeking
- Details of the store or licensed contractor from whom the Rinnai product was purchased or installed
- Details of any steps you have taken to resolve your concerns
- Copies of documentation which supports your complaint
All information we collect from you will be handled in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and our Privacy Statement, which can be accessed on our website www.rinnai.com.au
What to Expect
We will acknowledge your communications within three (3) business days and provide regular updates on its progress. A direct contact for your case will also be advised to you.
We will endeavour to resolve your complaint within ten (10) business days of lodgement, where possible, subject to any further clarification or documentation we require from you or any associated parties.
Review and Investigation
The investigation involves reviewing many components, including liaising with internal staff and stakeholders, and if necessary, consulting with the supplier and or installer of your Rinnai product, as well as possibly seeking additional information from you. The investigation needs to consider all available information that could assist in resolving your concerns.
- To determine if a complaint is a product warranty-related matter, or if it falls outside the scope of the product warranty
- To the extent Rinnai is able, assist in root cause analysis of issues outside the scope of our product warranty; for example, non-compliance of prescribed installation-related or regulatory requirements
- Where services were provided, that they were appropriate and carried out with due care and skill
Upon completing a review and investigation, Rinnai will contact you to advise:
- the outcome and any action to be taken by Rinnai
- the reasoning for Rinnai’s decision
- any further options that may be available to you to help resolve your concerns
Not Satisfied with the Outcome?
Rinnai is committed to complying with Australian Consumer Law (ACL). Our products and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under ACL. These include that our products and services will:
- be fit for any purposes that Rinnai makes known to consumers
- be safe, long lasting and free from defects
- be of acceptable quality
- match any description given
- have spare parts and repair facilities available for a reasonable period unless Rinnai informs the consumer otherwise
If Rinnai fails to meet any of these guarantees, a consumer may be entitled to a repair, replacement or refund from Rinnai under the ACL. If there is a major failure in relation to the above guarantees, consumers are entitled to choose between a replacement, repair or refund if they desire. When the failure is not major, Rinnai may choose to repair the Rinnai Product or rectify problems with a service activity, rather than providing a replacement or refund.
Further Review of Your Complaint
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your case, you may seek legal advice, or apply to external review bodies who may be able to assist you, including:
|ACT: Office of Fair Trading||TAS: Consumer Affairs and Fair Trading||QLD: Office of Fair Trading|
|NSW: NSW Fair Trading||VIC: Consumer Affairs Victoria||SA: Consumer and Business Services|
|NT: Office of Consumer Affairs||WA: Department of Commerce – Consumer Protection||Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)|